NOTE: Before you begin setting up your BenjiLock Deadbolt, there are a few things you need to know.
- To program your lock, you will need access to the [SET] button located under the battery/inside cover just below the battery compartment.
Before you can begin programming your lock, you MUST first change the programming code.
You will be required to use the “Programming Code” to add or delete user unlock codes and fingerprints and to change any feature settings. You can also use the “Master Print”, (the first fingerprint programmed) in place of the "Programming Code", in this case, you do not need to press "#" after using the Master Print.
When in programming mode, after 10 seconds of inactivity, the process will reset, and you’ll need to start over. This could occur between entering digits or between steps.
Setting up your BenjiLock Deadbolt -
- Follow the installation instructions in the BILT app to replace or mount a new lock on your door
- Insert the 3 of the 4 AA batteries included
- Press and hold the set button (located just below the battery compartment)
- While holding down the set button insert the 4th battery
- The lock will emit a long beep once the beeping has stopped you can release the set button
- Keeping the door open, touch the LCD sensor panel to activate it and enter the default Programming Code "12345678" followed by "#"
- Enter a new 4-8-digit programming code and then press “#"
- Enter the new programming code again and then press “#”
- The lock mechanism will go thru its handing process
- Once complete, you may now follow the instructions to add User Codes and Fingerprints
"How to add User Codes" "How to add fingerprints"