Follow the steps below to program your first fingerprint; this will be the “Master User" which will both open the lock and be used to program additional users/fingerprints and Passcodes. Familiarize yourself with the instructions first because the programming steps have time limits. Don’t worry if a step “times out” – you can always start over and will soon have your Benjilock TSA programmed!
(To watch the programming video click here.)
Programming note: The first user added will be the Master User of the lock and will be needed to add/remove additional users.
1. Wake up your BenjiLock by touching the front fingerprint sensor.
2. On the back of the lock, enter the default code by pressing the number 1 button 4 times. The shackle will open and the LED's around the front sensor will flash in a
rotating wheel pattern.
3. Within 4 seconds, press and hold your preferred finger on the sensor until the first LED around the sensor lights up. This will be the Master User.
4. Repeat this step 5 more times until all LED's around the sensor are illuminated and the full circle flashes. Close the shackle.
To ensure programming was successful:
1. Close the lock by pressing the shackle into the body of the lock.
2. Touch the fingerprint sensor with the “Master User" fingerprint" and let it remain in place until the six LEDs around the sensor illuminate blue and the shackle is released.
(If programming was not successful or an unregistered fingerprint is used, the six LEDs around the fingerprint sensor will illuminate (If programming was not successful, the six LEDs around the fingerprint sensor will turn red. If this happens return to Step 1)red. If this happens return to Step 1)