Follow the steps below to program your first fingerprint; this will be the “Master User". The Master User is needed to add and delete additional users/fingerprints and to do a Master Reset.
Familiarize yourself with the instructions first because the programming steps have time limits. Don’t worry if a step “times out” – you can always start over and will soon have your Benjilock programmed!
- Wake up the lock by touching the fingerprint sensor with any finger. (The six LEDs around the fingerprint sensor will flash BLUE.)
- Insert the key and turn it counterclockwise until the LEDs around the fingerprint sensor appear solid BLUE.
- Press any finger against the fingerprint sensor. (The LEDs around the fingerprint sensor will flash BLUE.)
- Press the silver button located on the bottom of the lock one time.
- Wait about two seconds until the BLUE LED at the top of the lock flashes one time to indicate user 1.
- Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor until the BLUE LED at the top of the lock illuminates BLUE and then remove your finger.
- Repeat the previous step four more times with the same finger for a total of 5 times.
(On the fifth time, when you remove your finger the Blue LED on top the lock will flash multiple times indicating successful programming and you can remove the key.)
NOTE: If the LED at the top of the lock flashes RED, this means your fingerprint has not been successfully programmed. If this happens, return to step 1 and restart the process.