Fingerprints are not stored, but a one way hash value is. That value is compared to the attempt and if they match, then it is authenticated. Since the biometric data is one way hashed, people cannot create the fingerprint from the hash value.
Articles in this section
- Is BenjiLock bump proof?
- Can someone familiar with BenjiLock add their own fingerprint to my lock?
- Is BenjiLock TSA approved?
- Is it safe to bring my BenjiLock on an airplane?
- Is my fingerprint stored on my BenjiLock and can it be stolen?
- Can my BenjiLock be picked?
- Can a Micro USB cable be used to steal my fingerprint from my BenjiLock?
- How do I delete a user from my BenjiLock? - Key Code 02 & 03
- How do I do a master reset (erase all fingerprints)?